Feb 21, 2011

Rudy's Debut

This weekend, several things of significance happened.

Significant thing #1- Between Philoboy and I, I caught the smallest fish. This was not a bad thing.

Significant thing #2- Between Philo, his uncle and I, I caught the largest fish. This was not a bad thing either. It was a very, very good thing.

Significant thing #3- I learned how to play a new game called Puerto Rico. This is significant because I have the patience of an ice cube at the equator, and the learning process was about three hours long. Kudos to me for not falling asleep in my cards.

Significant thing #4- this is the biggie. It was the maiden voyage of Rudy, the Red-nosed Kayak. Rudy was my Christmas present from Philo. He gets off easy for Valentines's Day and my birthday because of Rudy.





Rudy is red, and sleek, and way faster than my fishing kayak.





My fishing kayak has holes for poles, and room for tackle, and places to tie off the stringer. Rudy is set up for travel, not fishing. That's not to say it's impossible to catch fish from Rudy, as evidenced here!





Rudy is my Calgon Kayak- the thing that will take me away from here. We will go far and wide, maybe one day as far as the Boundary Waters. Or to at least the four states bordering Kansas.




Rudy the Red-nosed Kayak, had a very shiny nose.
And in the Kansas sunset, you would even say it glows.


All of the other kayaks, of which we don't call names,
Envy Rudy's color, she's the color of the flames.


And one sunny winter eve, Mother came to say,
Rudy with your nose so bright, can we catch some fish tonight?


Then how the Rudy showed them, as Philo shouted "What about me?"
Rudy the Red-nosed Kayak, paddling you is fun for me!!


Hello? hello? Did I lose you back there? Have you sworn off reading blogs forever now?  Oh- you're still here? Good! That's significant thing #5!







                Into the sunset, Rudy. The adventures are just beginning.


           Happy Trails, and may all your adventures be significant to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely little boat!