Aug 21, 2010

Summer Yum

I think that farmers with backyard gardens and produce stands should be subsidized just like the big farmers.  I like this whole garden-to-table chain, and it looks like it does me more immediate good than waiting for the wheat to turn into bread.

Watermelons.   Fruit juice in the rind.  Waterfruit.  Seed spitting contests.  Nourishment and entertainment rolled into one big green delicious ball.




Tomatoes.  Okra.  Green beans.  It's enough to make a person become a vegetarian.  'Course I'd have to beef up my resistance to hamburgers.  Not be a chicken about saying no to animal protein. A-veal to my inner vegan when the pork is baconing to me from the fridge. 

It's almost enough to make you read another blog, isn't it?

These guys really ring my bells...




          May all your adventures be delicious!

No comments: