Jul 11, 2011

Too hot to fish

It's too hot to breathe. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it's too hot to fish. Too hot to eat. The cat has lost 4 pounds, and he only weighed 8 to start with.  I'm living off ice cream. I haven't lost any pounds.

It's either hot weather survival food or I'm practicing for National Ice Cream Day on July 17th. You should head straight to your local ice cream store and stock up NOW.

Oklahoma is about to set some kind of record for most consecutive days of hellish weather. And I'm using hellish in reference to the place. It's hard to imagine it could be much hotter down there than it is here.

It's sad when 85 feels cool. I am planning on running away from home with my girls to someplace where the water  doesn't feel like a sauna. Maybe someplace like this...



Snake River. I remember wishing I had a wetsuit. I quit paddling because I was frozen. I'm not really smiling, that's my teeth chattering.

Going back for another bowl of French Vanilla. Send ice please, or a ticket to Alaska.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Looks nice!

KW said...

Yes, I'm in Texas and it's been miserable. June was the hottest June in Texas History. Usually, it's July and August that are the hottest months, with June being a degree less.

The worst part is I'm trying to train for a half marathon in this heat. I've almost had heat exhaustion on two runs.

So, good luck! And I'm eating lots of ice cream on July 17. Thanks for letting me know.

Tyson said...

Well just bring your crew and come on up here! It was a balmy 80 today and...it rained! There are lots of trails to hike on Medicine Bow and there is currently lots of snow still up there!

Mother Nature said...

KW- be careful out there! and good luck on the marathon!

Ty-That sounds great!

Barbara Baird said...

What? No helmets?

Mother Nature said...

Helmet? I don't need no stinkin' helmet... lol

This time we did!!