Oct 10, 2016

Reminiscing

As I was cleaning out my overloaded cloud files (cloud pollution of the internet sort)  I came across several essays from past trips, and thought I would share them with you over the next few weeks.  My rants are obvious, but, so, I hope is the fun!


Consider this first batch Camping Etiquette 101 !!!!



HE SAID WHAT?

“DUDE, this is some good weed now!”  

Even though carpets of leaves and canopies of trees make for great sound deadeners, they don’t absorb it all.  I’m not sure if it’s the lure of the wilderness that makes people want to talk loudly about personal topics, or if it’s only people with no social filters who go camping.  Obviously, I am excluding myself from that category.  I have heard discussion of your marijuana use, your issues with your spouse and his performance, your wife’s inability to “cook or get you cookin’,” and a multitude of discussions regarding bodily functions.  Save the personal stuff for your therapist’s couch or your best friend’s kitchen, and for heaven’s sake keep your voice down!

No comments: