Dec 10, 2010

Flight of Fancy

As winter closes in on us, I'm considering our chirpy friends outside. As you might have guessed from all the birds on my Christmas tree, birds figure prominently in my idea of the outdoors, although I don't consider myself a birder. When the weather starts to look like this, it's time to think about feeding the feathery things.




We have several backyard feeders, some hanging, some at ground level, filled with a variety of seeds so the sparrows, cardinals, jays, and whatever else is hanging around will find something to their liking.  This is my favorite feeder.



Yes, I have a bird feeder that's a cat. I learned a long time ago not to fight the weird humor impulse, it's too painful. My family learned a long time ago to pretend they don't know me in public.Wow-look at those fangs! Takes a pretty brave bird to come in for snack past those babies!

The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation also considers birds an important of our ecology, our environment, our economy, and our entertainment. They have a great site that tells you all about how to attract and identify Winter Birds.

Keeping the feeders filled is a Whee job. That's one cool cat, Whee!


It's a catcicle. A purrfectly frozen feline feeder. "Meowma, stop with the bad jokes."
HA! You are my spawn, aren't you?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Cute chick!!! lol