Sep 13, 2011

Morning...

I was supposed to have been out on the trail four days ago, but life has conspired to keep me closer to home than I had planned. The best laid plans of mice and mothers....

I needed a serious dose of peace and quiet, after a hectic few days, and more looming, so I loaded up the trusty kayak and headed out while the stars were still twinkling.

This was the scene when I pushed off the bank.




I spent about an hour contemplating life behind the paddle,




And watching another day bloom into being,




And discussing what's on my mind with this guy.  He was a great listener.




And being inoculated against stress for another day, as my worries waltzed away in the mist that danced across the lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos!

Tyson said...

Awesome photos! But I think you need to touch up on your Robert Burns poetry :-) That being said I envy your trip of solitude...got to get some!