Sep 29, 2011

stuff the stuff

It's possible that we might have too much camping/hiking/backpacking/outdoor gear. I don't really believe that, but I just wanted to lay out the possibility.



For me to take a solo camping trip to Ponca, Arkansas, required a lot of deconstruction before the construction could begin. Gear inventory. It's what I do. I had to move the vehicles, the grill, the box of my children's mementos and Philoboy out of the garage to have enough room to spread it all out. Philoboy's office is in the garage. Somehow, it's important for you to know that.

At one time we got all organized and made camping tubs with cookware, and dinnerware, and emergency ware. Then we made smaller, weekend tubs. Then we made backpacking tubs.Then Philoboy needed a lighter for the grill, and it's been downhill ever since. I can't find anything.

Except for our duct-taped tent. I can't seem to get rid of that thing. It's lived through hailstorms, windstorms, I'm-feeling-fat storms. It doesn't even leak at the duct tape. It's good advertisement for Eureka tents. "Your dome away from home."



Hey, that's pretty good! I think Eureka should hire me to do their advertising!

All this 'gearing up' was so I could drive six hours to meet this guy:



Ah. Now I have your attention. Stay tuned for the whole story. There's adventure, mystery, getting almost lost. And that was just leaving my driveway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elk??