Jul 19, 2010

Looking for my slot in life

Someone asked me what kind of blogger I was (kind of a personal question, dontcha think?!) 

I know what kind of blogger I'm not. I'm not a food blogger.  If food takes longer to prepare than it does for me to eat it, I'm not interested. Unless someone else is doing the preparing.  Then you can pique my interest.

I'm not a political blogger.  I do have opinions on politics.  I even claim party affiliation. But politics do not lend themselves to a family channel. At least not the way I do politics.

I'm not a sports blogger. Definitely not.  The only comments I can conjure doing sporting events are pass the peanuts (baseball) and words that can't be printed here (OU football).  'Nuff said.


Mom blogger.  Yes, definitely mom blogger because my children say I am. They affirm it like this: "Mother, if you take one more picture of me for that blog, I'm going to break your dang camera!"  Hmmm, well I think I'm a mom blogger 'cause I talk a lot about these.  I mean, how could I not talk about these?  These are the cutest things ever:
















That one on the left- I gotta keep an eye on her.  She insisted the other day that I do a whole series of photos of her with red food coloring dripping down her face, in various poses of 'dead'.  It was eerily, grossly, totally realistic and I refuse to show them here.  When I asked why she was doing this, her answer was "I'm practicing being an actress."  For what?! HORROR FILMS?  I really don't always understand how her mind works, but I find it fascinating. Scary, but fascinating. The kid on the right is a little easier.  She thinks about shoes.  And books.  I can relate to shoes and books.


I'm a nature blogger, 'cause I include a lot of pictures about this.  Sometimes because it's the only thing I can think of to do.  Blogging is hard! My creative strings are often stretched to the breaking point. Or maybe that's my last nerve.



I'm kind of a book blogger, 'cause I have opinions on these, and I share them with you:



And possibly in the broad sense (sense of the term, not in the sense of me being broad, although if I keep sitting in this chair blogging all day...) I'm a lifestyles blogger, because stuff like this creeps in all the time too:



Why isn't there a 'wife blogger' category?  Someone explain that please!  Spouse blogger?  Marriage blogger?  Philo would say I'm a blogger, an obsessive one.  Obsessive blogger, yes that works for a category.  "Honey, when's dinner?"  "When  I finish this blog, dear."  Uh, Hon, the sun's about to come up, how's that blog coming along?

Ooooohh, oooooh and don't forget travel blogger!  No, probably better make that adventure blogger. A travel blogger could give you directions to the good hotels and restaurants.



So, I've decided my official classification is now OMNIBLOGGER. Please, you don't have to bow.  Oh, oh you're going to anyway, well alright then. Yes, OMNIBLOGGER.  I think I found my pigeonhole.

  Happy Trails, and may your adventures be of the wonderful kind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice sunflower picture!