Jul 30, 2010

Summer Creativity

If necessity is the mother of invention, then boredom is the father of juvenile delinquency. But because I'm no longer a juvenile (a recent occurrence, I assure you), it led to attempts at creativity. A camera and too much time on my hands has me wandering around town trying to be artistic.

I ended up at the pond, which is where I usually end up, because it's an awesome place to hang out.

There's a boat there.  And an old bench on the dock. And some hammocks.  And water with fish and birds, and no people.  What more could you want?

The boat was my first target of artistic endeavor.  I have not learned to speak Cherokee as I planned, but I have played with Photoshop enough this summer that I can now duplicate my mistakes.

                     BOAT-basic rowboat type




        BLUE BOAT-wow, that is really blue.  Makes me feel like I'm underwater looking at it, which makes me start to hyperventilate.




SPARKLY BOAT- ahhh. Much better, I can breathe again.




BENCH-before. I love old things in shades of turquoise and teal.  I would have a 50's turquoise kitchen in a heartbeat, however, none of my family would come in the kitchen if it was turquoise.  Hmmm, let's think about that.




BENCH-after.  I love this lighting effect.  I'll try not to abuse it.



I would show you some hammock shots, but I fell asleep in it.

Happy Trails, and may your adventures be picture perfect!

1 comment:

gigs@aol.com said...

I like the turquoise also!