Aug 9, 2011

And another thing,

Before I launch into my daily dribble, let me just say: GALS- We need more
Diana Nyads. Who's next?

OK, now that I got that off my chest. Sometimes waiting to make proclamations keeps me awake at night.

In Ponca, Arkansas, despite what everyone tells you, there are no elk. This is the section of the Buffalo River famous for herds of elk grazing along the shore. I don't believe it. There were signs of elk, like this-



But no elk. I think all the elk went to Minnesota for the summer.  I had  to limit my elk viewing to the Elk Education Center in Ponca. Very nice, with regional  history, and great displays. And free admission!!



If you're in the area, and you see some of the OTHER kinds of signs of elk- let me know. I ain't believin' it till I see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, who's next???? Good Job Dyana.