Aug 1, 2011

More fun stuff

That's it. I give up. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  (Usually this refers to my children, whom I beat every chance I get. Just kidding!) 

I've decided that by golly, if I'm going to be hot and sweaty in spite of the AC churning its little heart out, taking seven showers a day, and buying out the inventory of the Braum's next door, I'm going to have fun doing it.

I'll be headed out to brave the heat for some outdoor activity, which has been sadly missing this summer. So is Daughter #1, (heading out for activity, not missing) but she's headed to a place with temperate temperatures, clear water, and funner fish than we find in Oklahoma: Curacao. Until this week, I though she was going to Mexico. I got that "Mother, you're a dumbass" look when I asked her where Curacao was. It's down by Venezuela, by the way, in case you want to look smarter than the average blogger.

Which, interestingly, is not all that far from the place where my blogger colleague is cooking this week, over at What's cooking in your world

In the meantime, as you hold your breath waiting for the stories of adventures and mishaps, check out my friend Gretchen Steele's cyber place:
Medicine Mama 's Outdoor Daily News. Maybe you'll get some ideas for braving the overcooked outdoors. Or maybe you'll just decide to go someplace that's not Oklahoma.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I DID know Curacao was an island, did you?!?!