Aug 13, 2011

Starry, starry night

Drove my Chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry.

I did drive my Chevy to the levy, and it WAS dry!  Everything is dry around here right now, but it's getting better.

I drove my truck out to the lake last night to get away from the bright lights of the big city, the better to spot meteors, my dear.

I saw exactly four celestial fireworks before the cloud cover moved in. I didn't know whether to cry from disappointment-I've been waiting for the Perseids for a year- or cry from happiness. Been waiting on rain about that long too. So I just cried. Just because I could.

It wasn't a lot of rain, but we'll take whatever we can get at this point. It wasn't a bad deal, sitting in the bed of the truck, watching lightening, either. (Yes, I eventually went inside).

The Perseids are kind of a nostalgic, last-fun-thing-before-school-starts event. As a kid, I would lie on top of the picnic table in the back yard, exalting in the fact I got to stay up waaaay past my bedtime, and reveling in the fact that I had almost another month till  school started, because back then we didn't start till after Labor Day.

This time, it means school is less than a week a away.  Blech. And Hurray! I don't know whether to cry from disappointment or anticipation. I think I'll cry just because.


   Happy Trails, and may your adventures reach for the stars!

No comments: