Jul 20, 2011

A big hole in the ground

The girls and I tried to pack as many activites as we could into our three-day blast of Colorado. We especially looked for things that were cool, both in the sense of wonder and in temperature.

Cave of the Winds counted as both.



It was the only time we saw a bear the whole trip, sadly enough. You'll notice which one is being eaten by the bear, and which one is grinning at the fact her sister is being eaten by a bear...



It's a big hole in the ground. It gets really, really, dark when they turn out the lights. I could sleep in there. I'm kinda glad, however, that I was not the one doing the first exploration. I'm directionally challenged sometimes. Except when finding my way to the fridge.



It has 'lactites, steglemites, stactites-oh, you know- those hangy down and sticky up things in caves.


         
I didn't want to leave. It was the first time in 60 days I'd been cool. They threatened to poke me with a stalactite.

      Happy Trails and may all your adventures be really cool!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Where's the bats?

Tyson said...

Did you stay for the lazer show?

Mother Nature said...

No, I would like to. I've been there 3 times now, and have yet to see the lights at night...