Jul 24, 2011

We interrupt this regularly written drivel

Sorry, folks, just when I think I have it all together, someone moves the... A bird in the hand is worth twelve bucks-

Eesh- I'm a little worn. I'm interrupting the quacking about Colorado because I've spent a few days at the hospital, but not for me. No panic, all is well. Or at least getting better.

My mom had surgery that had been scheduled for a while. It all went well. This is good.

She was doing much better than expected. This is good.

She had funny, kind, wonderful nurses. This is good.

Then she stopped doing so well. In fact, she got really, really, unwell. This is bad.

She had nurses who jumped all over the problem, and doctors that showed up to assist. This is good.

She's doing mu-u-u-u-ch better. This is good.

She has had the cutest male nurses in the world. This is very good.

She hates hospital food. This is bad.

It's still 105 degrees outside. It's like, 34 in her room. I saw penguins under her bed. This is good/bad/confusing.

She still has sweet, caring, knowledgeable nurses. This is good.

She will be out soon. This is very good.

And then our regularly scheduled babble will return. This is good/bad/filling up precious cyber real estate.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hope everything goes well, and she gets better.

Barbara Baird said...

Your blog posts? Always good.
Best wishes to your mom. She raised a helluva daughter.