May 19, 2011

A meditative morning

You know what they say about work, right? A bad day (insert here: fishing, kayaking, etc) is better than a good day working. I have to agree. I really think every day should start like this...

This was where I had breakfast.




And these were my breakfast companions.




I did not share the leftovers with these guys.




I paddled over there. Just because I could.




I spent some time with my friend Rudy, the red-nosed kayak.




The water was the color of a YooHoo, which made me hungry again.




So I ate a snack while I watched the morning news sail by on oh-so-silent wings...




And when I was done, I said to myself, "Self, this is the way you should start every day."  And Self said, "I agree." And Self said to me, "Life is good, you know."


                   Yes, it is. It truly is.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Looks wonderful!!!

Jeff said...

Buzzards need friends too!