May 24, 2011

My faves and focusing

As you read this I am either:
  • Kayaking with Daughter #1
  • Sitting in my soggy tent, cursing the weatherman
  • Running from a bison
  • Hiking, listening for rattlesnakes
  • Wandering, lost, in the Wichita Mountains
Or some combination of the above.

While I'm avoiding civilization, or trying to figure out how to get back to it, I'm sharing some ponderings and pings.

~ping~ A shoutout to my new favorite blog to follow: http://whatscookinginyourworld.blogspot.com/

I know there's a lot of "I did such-and-such in so-many-days" kinds of blogs and books going on right now, but this one makes me salivate and study all at the same time. Cerebral supping paddles my canoe.

Speaking of paddling- would someone please call Prijon and tell them I need a sponsor?  I want to kayak in all 50 states.

Prijon? Are you listening?!?!  Our how about it, OKC Kayak? Dave!  Dave!!  Pay attention!

That's the pings. Now the ponderings. You probably haven't noticed, but sometimes this blog is all over the place. If  you haven't noticed, then you haven't read more than two posts. So I. Am. Trying. To. Focus. Focus more on outdoor posts, and less on what Ash Kitty is doing (which right now is sleeping). Although I am going to share with you that Ash Kitty fetches. I am not making this up. He plays fetch. He really, really, wants to be a dog.

See? All over the place. I don't know if I can change at my age.

But ponder this, as I plod through the wilderness, hoping to return with great stories and some passable pictures.



I thought my time upon this earth too brief to leave my mark,
too short to really matter.
I thought the world too hard to touch,
a shell too tough to shatter.

And then I saw the stream's gray stones,
worn smooth by water's flow.
The water left its mark on stone,
though at the time it did not show.

I may not scratch or dent or break the world,
leave no mark at once you notice.
But my life has joined flow to shape the earth,
and smooth the parts that goad us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe!

sadie said...

Thanks so much for the ping! I LOVE your blog and your sense of humor. Plus, you're blonde ... Trifecta! I really look forward to following your adventures!