Jun 10, 2011

Get out! Get out!

Saturday, June 11th is National Get Outdoors Day! You can read some great ideas and information HERE!

This whole annual day of getting outdoors was my idea. Seriously, I came up with the whole thing. Ok, maybe I'm not serious about it being my idea, but it's certainly my kind of day.

You don't have to be an avid hunter, a fanatic fisherman, a super shooter, or obsessed boater to enjoy the outdoors. Here's some ideas of ways to enjoy the outdoors.

Camping is excellent.



Day hikes are good.



Bike riding is great.




Chasing your children around outdoors is wonderful and they'll love you for it.



Bird watching is an outdoor activity.




A little paddle does a body good.



Grab a good book and head for the nearest hammock.



Fanatic fisherman are allowed.



Stop and smell the wildflowers.




Go play in the pool, the pond, or even the water hose!




Visit the zoo!



Or make a big bowl of ice cream and sit out on the porch to eat it.



Whatever your outdoor activity might be, it's waiting for you. Go find it! Go!  Hurry!  Go now!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm going, I'm going!!

Tyson said...

HEY WHO ATE ALL THE ICE CREAM!!!

Anna said...

I was SURE this day was your idea!!!