Jun 18, 2011

Things I love about summer

1. I love rain, and thunderstorms. Listening to the thunder call back and forth across the sky is a great way to go to sleep. I love the intensity and energy of summer storms.

Damage caused by storms- not so much.



2. I love the farmer's market. All those fresh goodies get my creative cooking juices boiling. Except for mustard greens. Greens and I have more of a love/hate relationship. Lettuce is fine, and I can graze my way through acres of fresh spinach, one leaf at a time. But greens are different. They have personalities. I suspect that mustard greens and I don't get along so well because we are too much alike- a bit sharp and bitey. But we're working on it. Small nibbles.




3. I love s'mores. More, more, more S'mores. Nutella/marshmallow fluff S'mores and ice cream. What's not to like about that?




4. I love hanging out with my spawn. This gorgeous, fun, witty creature. My sidekick. My Tonto. My Robin. Until she starts acting like a typical teenager, then I pretend I don't know who she is. I offer money to strangers to babysit. Ok, maybe I'm kidding about that part. Maybe.



     Happy Trails, and may you find adventures you'll love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o, amen to all of the above!