Jun 8, 2011

I'm Mum again

I said, I'm Mum again!  No, not numb; Mum!  Numb was after walking those five miles with the legs weights last week.

I'm Mum because my babies have returned from afar, safe and sound.

They're back from that lovely land of temperate temperatures and markets full of marvelous and strange things, to the face-melting, hair-frizzing, no-hope-for-my-deoderant humidity that is Oklahoma. Back from the land of whales and fresh seafood to the sweltering, beef-eating, land-locked mirage that is Oklahoma in the summer.

My baby girl-the last born and most capable of constant motion-is off again to church camp.  WAAHHHHH!!!

My big girl- first born and most likely to sit under the AC-is back to work.
WAAHHHHH!!!

But what about me!  The Mama?  The Mom?  The Mommy?  What about MY needs?  Where's my hugs?  Where's my small one following me, asking non-stop questions all day?  Where's my big one, calling to ask for gardening tips?

*Sighhh*

No matter how much I protest, they continue to grow up and do their own thing. Why did I ever wean them?  Wait- it was because I wanted to go kayaking and fishing and backpacking and camping and...yeah.

Ya'll have fun, girls!  See ya in a week or so!

1 comment:

Barbara Baird-Women's Outdoor News said...

Try to behave, OK? You don't want to be doing anything you wouldn't want your kids to do, now, would you?