Aug 24, 2010

As Big as all Outdoors

I was trying to organize my life this week.  Things like labeling file folders, making a schedule, buying color coordinated notebooks.  I'm not sure it's more organized, but it's a lot prettier.

I tried to organize my pictures as well.  Here's the problem:  categories.  Is it a picture of the Whee or is it in camping?  Is it summer or is it fishing?  The choices are overwhelming and I'm becoming woozy from having to make so many decisions. 

One category became clear as I shuffled things from one file to the next, thoroughly mixing them up so I will never, ever, be able to find anything ever again.

Murals.  Lovely, huge paintings on the side of a building in some little podunk place I enjoyed passing through. Or maybe the mural was the destination. If I were a real, honest-to-goodness organized person instead of just a wannabe, I could tell you where all of these were taken.

However, in my alternate reality, I told myself I would remember exactly what we were doing on that trip and where we went and what we ate and what was so cool about the place, and... you get the picture.  So to speak.

Soooo, here's the mural collection to date, with best guesses as to where they were taken.  (Thank goodness for Nowata tooting its own horn!)

Nowata, OK






Chandler, OK





Nevada, MO




Hominy, OK



Sedan, KS




Dunno, but it's a pretty good guess somewhere in Oklahoma..



Happy Trails, and may your adventures be as big as all outdoors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the last one is in Hominy also

Dryna said...

This is a fun series! And PS, sometimes it's eerie how alike we are: this is the exact reason I could never scrapbook lo.