Aug 12, 2010

The Chicks are Trying to Leave the Nest

One Chick two Chicks,
Hawk Chick, OU Chick.

No no NO!  Say it ain't so!  I don't want my babies to grow up and go away (ok, there were times when I did want them to go away- like outside, for just a few minutes so I could think.  But not for long and not this far away!)

One is across town and one is several hours away.  How could they do this to me?!?!  Just because they know how to do their own laundry...

And my baby.  My fluffy, feathery, bright-eyed and happy-first-thing-in-the-morning one.  Surely she won't leave me.  She still sits on my lap in public places and says she doesn't care what people think, she loves her mama.

She says she'll take care of me when I'm old.  Says she'll call every day and visit every weekend.  I'm going to remind her of this.  Often.

Junior High?  No way!  It's a jungle in junior high, filled with hissing and biting and, shudder, lockers.  Why would anyone do that to their child?  Why would any child be excited about that?  But she is. Because she is the eternal optimist, the perpetual positive person.  Because she's normal and has never been stuffed in a locker.

I think I'm going to need therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently there is a story you are not telling us...

JW