Aug 25, 2010

Repurposing

In all the recent cleaning and re-organizing, I came across a couple of items I had sort of forgotten I owned.  (Sometimes I forget I have children too, but it's not quite the same thing...)

One of these items belonged to my grandmother.  These items are old.  Maybe older than me, which would make them really old.


The jar was my grandmother's and I don't remember what she used it for.  I've revived it as a sugar container.  It holds enough sugar for 4 days worth of coffee,  which means I'm consuming waaaay too much sugar. Or too much coffee.

I love the green color. It's a vibrant, organic color that brightens my world when I'm slaving in the kitchen.



The other is an old juicer. I loooooove fresh squeezed juice.  I really, really, love it when someone else squeezes it for me. The Whee wanted to know where the motor was. When I explained how it worked, she shouted "that's insane!" and ran out of the room. Score another one for Mother Nature and simplifying life.

2 comments:

Tyson said...

I like a little tea with my sugar!

Dryna said...

Ha ha...ohhhh Aliah. I remember this juicer from forever. It was always a fixture in the house. Is that weird? PS, I want you to will these to me :D lol