Aug 28, 2010

Outdoor Art

Whew!  I'm taking a weekend class in the great Sooner City, and in my spare time I'm wringing every drop of cultural enrichment I can from the campus.

Chocolate exhibit at the Natural History Museum.  Is life good, or what?

There's lots of fabulous free art to be seen just by strolling the grounds of this beautifully landscaped university.

I think this guy's eyes are red because he just got his tuition statement...



And this one.  She's young.  She's thin.  She's a freshman.




I just spent eight hours discussing contextual interpretation of images.  How can I not interpret these sculptures in the context of their proximity and connection to the campus?!?!!


Wow-  I'm afraid I have only one context from which to interpret this piece of art and it has nothing to do with campus.  An escapee from Dr. Moreau's island.  I don't really know what else to say to this...



                        Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Tyson said...

Uhh..hmm..uh...nope not gona say it wouldnt be prudent LOL