Aug 4, 2010

Riparian Love Affair

I love to explore rivers, their banks, and surrounding territory.  I love the sound of the water as it changes pitch, depending on what it's flowing over, or under. I love the timbre of the wind in the trees. (Sorry, couldn't pass up that one). I love the smell.  Well, ok, maybe not the smell. I love the colors in and out of the water.




I especially love watching the wildlife that gathers around a river. Life cycles intrigues me.  As in a lot of species, the guy is the colorful one here.  Dragonfly love.



This couple almost glow.  I chased them downriver for quite a ways before I got a decent picture of them.  Egret love.



We heard coyotes, an owl, turkey.  Wonderful, refreshing, life-giving water. Draws all things in.  Sustains all things.

Entertainment, recreation, sustenance, aesthetics, gathering place. All encompassing, all-good water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post...