Apr 13, 2011

BOT's and tempo

I don't know about you, but the pace is picking up around my house. The countdown has begun to the last day of school, to the beginning of summer activities, and to the beginning of school again (even if I am the only one looking forward to that one!).

Between weird work schedules and the cost of gasoline, we are re-vamping some of the summer plans. Although there's bound to be some spectacular adventure (by definition most adventures are spectacular), there will be more adventures of the B.O.T. kind.

B.O.T. - Balls of Twine. Those fabulous small town points of interest spread all across America.

The original B.O.T. is an honest-to-goodness ball of twine in Cawker City. It's so cool that we went twice.


The first time we visited the largest ball of twine we were younger. I think I was young until last year.

The second time we took someone officially young- The Whee.



Depending on which website you read, the Kansas ball of twine is the largest, but the biggest one is in Minnesota. Sometimes superlatives confuse me.

So we'll be looking for giant bobbers, and bloopers, and bot's and adventures, large and small. If you have an idea of an Oklahoma BOT to visit, let us know!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to travel to my house to check out the largest, biggest sack of bobbers.....all found while kayaking.....!!!! I'd even feed you pie.... I'd even give you some to shoot with slingshots!!! Bobber bullseyes!!!!

Mother Nature said...

I'll do almost anything for pie!!!