Apr 22, 2011

Death of an appliance

My dishwasher just died. It was slow and painful expiration process. It started out with tiny rust spots, and worn areas on the rubberized racks.



It grew to a refusal to drain. To a sullen, sodden, refusal to drain. And an insidious dirtying of my already dirty dishes- slathering them with bits of belt, or gasket, or whatever those little black bits are.  Ewwww.



It's not that I mind washing dishes by hand, as long as I can look out the window. It's standing at the sink looking at a wall (even if that wall is covered with glass hummingbirds given to me by my daughter) that I mind. It offends my aesthetics. I feel like I've been put in timeout by the teacher.



It's going to require man hours and manly tools to fix the problem. Whew, that eliminates me from the process!  Downside- it will also be replaced in a man's timeframe.... 
Said man does not do the cooking...
said man is not missing her favorite pans...
said man thinks washing dishes by hand is no big deal.

Said man will be taking me out to eat until this is fixed...

No comments: