Apr 27, 2011

Oh, to be sick of the indoors

I spent a good part of the winter torturing my self with Jillian Michaels videos. I'm pretty sure I'm still closer to 'dead' than I am to 'shred' and I'm no more fond of her than I was four months ago.

So I've moved to self-induced torture. No wait, no one made me watch those dvd's so that was self-induced torture too. Now it's self-flagellation of the dumbbell variety. Someone just told me the dumbbell was the one lifting the handweights...



I want to be able to go farther and stay out longer when I'm backpacking, so I need to be able to carry more weight in my pack. Therefore, my legs, arms, core, and back need more muscle.  Removing some of my brain might help also.

All so I can enjoy scenes like this...



For some reason, muscles sore from hauling a pack and tripping over rocks all day never hurts in quite the same way as muscles sore from heaving chunks of steel while stinky guys grunt all around you.

Or how about another option? I'll just go to my doctor and tell her I need a prescription for the outdoors. Specifically, for a national park. Check out this great health plan in Indiana. I think this is the greatest idea ever. I'm going to call my doctor right now, and see if we can work a deal using our state parks.

    Happy Trails, and may you always get a healthy dose of adventure!

2 comments:

Tyson said...

Whats all this working out doing for..uhm...well what was it you were told..something about a shelf for your pack to rest on...

Mother Nature said...

Oh funny boy. Have you never heard of "Baby got Back!" ??