Sep 25, 2010

National Hunting and Fishing Day

Today is National Hunting and Fishing Day. Yes, it's a real day, check it out at National Hunting and Fishing Day.  It celebrates wildlife management and conservation of outdoor resources, and honors and educates those who love to hunt and fish.

I would like to present my own honorarium of outdoorsmen (and women) today- some of my favorite family fishing and outdoor photos of 2010. Not all my favorites, I'm pretty sure you don't have 6 weeks to spare. It was hard, very hard, to narrow it down.  I went through an entire bag of M & M's trying to decide.  Or maybe I found a few photos while I was plowing my way through the orange and black halloween ones.  Sometimes causal relations confuse me.



You know my motto: "There's an outdoor activity for everyone, and everyone should get outdoors."  I really believe that, and think that whether it's roller blading, walking down the street and waving to the neighbors, deer hunting, fishing, or lying in the hammock with a good book, it all counts as outdoor activity.  It's good for your body and soul.  It's brain cleansing. Even a desperate housewife can do it.

So here's my family in the great outdoors, mostly fishing, sorta hunting, and always finding their niche in outdoor activity.


Water ballet.  Or more like, pre-water ballet.





Cousin Jed always hooks something.  It just ain't necessarily always a fish...





One of my personal favorite outdoor activities, backpacking!  And one of my favorite persons to pack with!






Everyone has their own fishing style.  Some are just a little more laid back than others.





This weirdness might be hunting gone amuck!





I hope you celebrate today, just because it's today and you're you and the sun came up.


                           Happy Trails!

No comments: