Sep 14, 2010

Thinking Green

Keeping the outdoors green and clean can sometimes be a challenge. That thought was demonstrated after the football game on Saturday; clean-up of the event lasted into the following day. I watched as dozens of volunteers spent dozens of hours picking up trash.

This fabulous mockumentary I ran across made quite an impression on me, of our responsibility to our environment, and how one simple piece of trash such as a plastic bag can make a huge negative impact. The life of a Bag. It was perfectly timed in juxtaposition to the OU trash day.  I mean game day.

I like for my environment to look more like this, clean and green, and hospitable to the tiniest of denizens.




Trash and toxin free, non-hazardous to the residents and their visitors.




Pollution free public spaces, accessible and favorable to all sorts and sizes of outdoor creatures...




If you are looking for ways to improve your own environment, Simple Steps gives you information, tips, ideas, and links to news and public education. I like the community interactive page, get your kids on this one and the food interactive page for great ideas to green up your space!

  Happy Trails, and may your adventures be clean and green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen this video and it's great. I believe it actually went viral.