Oct 29, 2010

A berry good shot

While this is not a Kansas KaleidoScape, it is one of new favorites! In our recent meanderings through the woods of Arkansas, I spotted these beautiful purple berry clusters. I have no idea what they are, I just know that when I spotted them they spoke to my inner crayon scribbler, and I knew they would become a 'Scape.

Of course the KaleidoScape series is all about perception and manipulation (no comparisons to marital relationships, please). And finding art in the quotidian. It's about using your toothbrush holder as a vase, and the mosaic glass paperweight as a doorstop, and an old picture frame as a serving tray for hors d'Ĺ“uvres. With the picture still in it.

This bush?  vine?  shrub?  lent itself to more than one prismatic interpretation. So, here is yet another version of plant pulchritude. Wilderness winsomeness. A visionary vine. A kaleidoscopic creeper.

Please, don't throw things at your computer.


                         Tell me which version you like better!!!


And then I got to wondering... would these berries make good.. ah... juice? With a lot of sugar and a little fermentation added? Are they perhaps cobbler material?

  Happy Trails, and may your adventures be berry, berry good!

No comments: