Oct 31, 2010

Scary Sooner day

While we didn't attend the game, The Whee n I got our fill of game day craziness on Saturday. We're racking up some walking miles to get ready for a long pack trip, and we did six miles yesterday. We took our time, though, because you have to stop and see the sights. Game day insanity + Halloween weekend insanity = even more bizarre than usual college town.

This one won't make my weird wheels file, but we thought it was pretty cool anyway. The absolute cool weird wheel I missed getting a picture of was a bass boat made into a car. I will find that guy.




This one might make the file. At first glance, it's just a tractor for a tractor/trailer rig. Except it 's a king cab.




Until you see that it has a regular pickup bed. Well, regular shape, but super-sized. Please tell me who needs a truck like and why...




And then there's this guy. Every time we turned a corner it seemed he was in front of us. I wasn't sure if this was a Halloween get-up or just an affinity for tye-dye. He was the right age for tye-dye nostalgia.




Ohh. I remember my grandmother having these wonderful chairs. Except they were rusty and not these fabulous sherbet colors. I really, really want the cotton-candy pink one. Or the turquoise one the Whee is in. Or both.




And for all the strange, weird, odd, interesting people we saw, I couldn't help but wonder from time to time if the strangest one of all wasn't the short one walking by my side.



Something weird this way comes, so I must disappear!

No comments: