Oct 3, 2010

Bow Camp,Chapter 1

I'll try not to giggle.  I've been giggling for a couple of days now.  It might be the lack of sleep, or the hilarious people I'm hanging around with, or too many brownies.  Whatever.

I've been at BOW camp, which is Becoming an Outdoor Woman.  I think I'm an outdoor woman already, but there were plenty of outdoor activities I had never tried before!

Let's talk camp crafts.  You are never, repeat never, too old for camp crafts. To the credit of the instructors who brought so many great ideas, most of these things could be shared with a scout troop, or your kids, or used for therapy when you've had enough of a scout troop or your kids.

Fiber arts.  Stephanie's hands never stopped moving this weekend. She taught us felting.


I now know how to do felting.  I feel a trip to Michael's is in order...


Jewelry from fishing tackle.  All I can say is... SCORE!!!!




Totes made from duck tape.  You heard me, duck tape.  It comes in cool colors.
These bags are pretty much indestructible.




Basket weaving. Except these are not baskets.  Very cool fall decor.


Michael's does not carry reeds, so it's either order them online or go cut and dry my own.  This may take little longer than the felting.

 
There was also birdfeeders from milk cartons, tin can lanterns, and maybe some others I missed. This is the finished product of the felting class.  It pretty much says it all.



Happy Trails!

No comments: