Oct 21, 2010

ramblings

I think it's only fair to let you know up front this blog post has absolutely nothing to say. In case you don't want to waste the next 6 minutes of your life, run away now. This is why I am rambling:



This was the first thing I saw this morning. The only time that I like to see those numbers on the clock when it's dark outside is if I'm going hunting, leaving on a road trip, or giving birth. Otherwise, this is not a good thing. No, scratch that last thing.  Only hunting and traveling are worth getting up for this early.

Need.    more.    Coffee.

Fighting.   through... the.    Fog.


I don't know why I woke up at such an ungodly hour, but I know that every time I think about it today I will get tired. Even if I get a whole lot of things done and nobody's grumpy all day, in the back of my mind will be the thought of those red numbers, glowing in the dark.

Laughing at me.  You.   Can't.   Go.   Back.. to...   sleep.

And I had such good dreams, too.  About pumpkins.  And cat-eating pumpkins. And pumpkins watching me...

Wait a minute. This may have something to do with what the Whee 'n me did before bed last night. We played with the fondant. Isn't that what everyone does when they get bored?  Get out the fondant and manipulate it?




Amazingly cute, sugar paste pumpkins and cats.  Instant decor, instant sugar high if you're foolish enough to eat them. I was fine until I turned around and one of them had sprouted eyes. It was watching me.  I can't eat something that's watching me eat it.




And then I couldn't even eat the ones without eyes because I know the eye-balled one will know. This is unfortunate, because the sugar rush would go well with the caffeine pump.

I'm unplugging the clock tonight.

No comments: