Oct 13, 2010

Sweet Noise of Bells

I think I may have mentioned that the Whee is in band. The band instruments followed her home last night for practicing. Did I mention that the Whee plays percussion?  Did I mention that percussion involves hitting things? Like snare drums. Mirambas. And bells, sweet, sweet bells.

I like the bells, which looks to me like a metal xylophone. I don't know why it's not a xylophone. I thought bells were things you hung on a cow or shook at football games when your team scored. I like the bells for two reasons: they sound beautiful, and they're not a snare drum. The neighbors and I are very happy the snare drum stays at school.

I was very happy to hear from the band teacher that the Whee has rhythm. I was a little worried about that; it's kind of a big deal to have rhythm when you play percussion. Now all I have to worry about is how she's going to carry that marching drum.  The Whee is not known for an overabundance of either height or heft.

But for now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy, for the seventh time today, the Whee's rendition of Fur Elise.  Rock on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shes just like her mom!!!!!!!