Oct 15, 2010

Scuba dooby do

My older daughter is a self-professed NON-outdoor person. But, because my motto is "there's an outdoor activity for everyone, and everyone should get outdoors", she agreed that she's not a TOTAL outdoor-phobe, and agreed to share with you some photos of the outdoor activity she loves. It's one of two, and they both involve water.

Scuba.  She loves to scuba dive.




I think she looks pretty cool in the gear, and I love the colors underwater. She dives in local lakes and quarries, but she prefers more exotic locals, with pretty fish, instead of bass and catfish. Colorful fish.




LOTS of them.  No noodling going on here.  What's noodling, you ask?  If you have to ask, you're not a redneck and you really don't want to know.




She has dived so far in Maui (her favorite) and Cayman Islands, and is off to the Caribbean for some clear blue diving this fall. She likes underwater caves.  I like caves, but I prefer the water to not be over my head.




As someone who sinks when they are in more than two inches of water, I can't say I share her infatuation with deep water sports. Our common outdoor activity that involves water is her other outdoor activity-kayaking. Above the water.  Out of the water. Flotation devices. I can do that. But I have to admit, I've never seen anything like this in the rivers and lakes of Kansas and Oklahoma. I'll enjoy her pictures...



                 
                    Happy Trails, even if that's a trail of bubbles!!

2 comments:

Jane Warren said...

Great post! And congrats to your daughter for her success in scuba diving. We dive a lot in the Cayman Islands, which is a wonderful place to learn, and develop the sport.
Also has great kayaking there too.
Glad you can enjoy one thing with her!

Anonymous said...

There's really places to dive in Oklahoma?!?!?!