Nov 19, 2010

Looking back

I am guilty of list-making, of always looking ahead and forgetting to slow down and savor the now. I'm trying to be more conscious of that, and of celebrating the everyday things. Things like the color of the trees today.




When I started this blog nine months ago, I had no idea how addicting it would become, or how it would focus my time, improve my writing, and expand my attitude of gratitude. It has done all those things, and made me appreciate little things like finding the trail under the leaves.




Writing was also one leg of a dream of a year-long trifecta, an experiment in which I quit a great job to write, travel, and sleep. How's that going, you ask? (You asked, I heard you). Let's see...
  • I'm only working part-time, at a job I love, check.
  • I'm writing every day, check.
  • Sleep- well, two out of three ain't bad.
  • We've traveled quite a bit this year, with several hiking trips, a few kayak trips, not nearly enough fishing, even less hunting, and a 10-day stint in the Travelin' Van with the Whee.
We have further simplified an already pretty simple life, and continue to look for ways to minimize, streamline, and reduce life even more to the essentials. (Note, I am classifying a new kayak as essential).Yep, all in all I am grateful, appreciative, thankful, and more aware of life in all its manifestation, down to the tiniest fuzzy forms I pass along the path. Life is good.

2 comments:

Tyson said...

Yep!! Nothing like a road trip to clear your mind and realign your prioritys.

Anne said...

Simplifying is hard to do, but worth it!