Nov 3, 2010

Orange you glad it's fall?

Good news- it's only 52 days till Christmas. Bad news: it's only fifty-two days till Christmas. WORSE news- it's 417 days till the next Christmas. I really don't see why we can't have it more often.

In the meantime, I suppose I shall just have to be happy enjoying the beauty and moderate temperatures of fall. I really wish I was more fond of the color orange. As an OU alum, I took an oath to dislike the color of Oklahoma State, a bright, clear orange. As alum and Oklahoma resident, I'm conditioned to become nauseous at the sight of the color burnt orange, the color of the University of Texas.

So pumpkins, fall berries, and fall leaves often cause a twitching reaction when I see them. But I took deep breaths, counted to 10, thought happy thoughts, and took this SoonerScape just outside my door. Perhaps I can share this as a sort of immersion therapy with other Sooners who have to function around orange .

No comments: