Nov 28, 2010

Wrapping, Page Two

It still looks like Christmas. I'm playing Christmas music on my computer. I want, no, I need more things to wrap. Maybe I'll start wrapping the pots and pans. Or the bath soap. Pens?  Boxes of cereal? If I only had a cat...

Besides the calendar pages used for wrapping paper that I showed you yesterday, I also like to use pages from National Geographic (sacrilege, I know), magazines, maps, and newsprint.





Newsprint is one of my favorites. Plain vanilla, it can go a lot of different ways in the decoration department. It's inexpensive (the local newspaper sells ends from their rolls by the pound), it has no dyes, and is often recycled paper.  All good.






So let's decorate. The creamy color and slightly rough texture of newsprint lends itself to woodsy embellishments. Pine cones and acorns. Nothing shouts Christmas more than pine cones and acorns. Well, maybe weird guys in red suits and endless phone calls for donations.


Raffia and wooden beads are nice to maintain the neutral color scheme and natural materials theme.






How about twine?  Twine's kinda rustic and natural.



Naaa, twine's kinda boring. Too plain. Let's add some color.


Better. Still missing some ooomph.






A little ornament. There!! That's good!






The coarse appearance of the paper also makes a nice foil for more glitzy trims. Shiny, glittery, elastic ribbon.  Elastic ribbon and I are BFF's.






A nearly all-natural Christmas. Mother Nature has it all wrapped up. And I didn't get trampled in the crowds. Now to find some empty boxes to wrap...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I haven't finished all the leftover turkey yet!