Nov 6, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...



This is the bridge that connects old and new, yesterday and tomorrow. It leads
to one of my favorite vantage points, a place where I can recollect and reconnect. It passes over the water, where I can see the seasonal cycle of life. It invites you...






This is the water full of leaves, from the trees where they collected sunshine and contributed to the life of the tree. These are the leaves that are not just dead leaves, they are the material settling into the water, creating compost, continuing to contribute to life. The ooze at the bottom is a gold mine. It's a collection of every life form on this island of respite.







This is the pond that I look over, where the water reflects mood, the fish create visual interest and patterns and I think about what is and what appears to be.






It's a place where family history abounds, where rural culture is exemplified, where wandering brings new adventures each time I set foot on it, regardless of how many times I've been there before.

What are your favorite things?

No comments: